Saturday, April 17, 2010

instead of blogging about TODAY, I thought I'd write about this...

I had a memory today. You know, sometimes that happens.

I was on the phone with Mom and she told me she was coming home from Sheely's Irish Dance recital and was talking about the similarities between Sheely and I. Naturally, this led me to think about my short-lived Irish Dancing career. This picture was from my first Feis.
I learned a lot about myself in the short time I danced. For instance, I learned that I am not a dancer :) But I do really enjoy it (I actually do some of the dances now for exercise, though I have the hips and back of an 80 year old, so not with the same intensity). So I guess I learned that everyone can dance, even if you aren't a "dancer." I learned that anxiety can be overcome through practice, preparation, and prayer. I learned about my heritage. I learned that even big kids can start something new...you don't have to start training as soon as you can walk (this applies to all kinds of things). I learned that I bite my lip when I'm concentrating, and that putting a hundred pink curlers in my hair means my mom must really love me. So here's to the opportunity I had to try something new, to work hard, to make memories.

4 comments:

  1. i totally went to this feis with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad that you have started blogging again!!

    I love the picture you took for your header, it is fantastic!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited you are blogging again! I love your stinkin guts!
    I had no idea you did Irish dancing!?!?! I must say I am totally jealous. I am scared of dancing...like REAL dancing. You're so brave. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're darling and I love that this picture exists. Do you also realize how much my daughter looks like you??

    ReplyDelete