It was an interesting thing. Scott, Shaliece, the visiting Bawdens, and I watched The Watcher in the Woods. The first time I watched this movie, it was my fourth or fifth grade field day at Oak Hills Elementary. I remember sitting in the huge, dark multi-purpose room and being so flaming scared. When Sheesh lived at our house, we talked about this movie a lot, but never ended up watching it. I eventually found it on DVD and had it in my collection, and so out it came.
The thing I remember most from when I was a kid was the name of the new pet dog, Nerak, which is Karen spelled backwards. I've mocked it often. Several new fun things I've learned to appreciate from this movie are the creepy housekeeper, the fantastic special effects (sarcasm is hard to indicate when typing, but it's there), and the hairdos. Man.
I also enjoyed picking up some new quotes, including my favorite: "Lightning struck the belfry...suddenly the church was aflame!"
Before we started, Shaliece was worried about post Watcher in the Woods nightmares. As most things from childhood turn out, our experience this time was very different from those scary elementary school field day experiences. What used to be scary was funny, what was dramatic was cheesy. Time really does change things.





good times Jordie!! Let them keep on rolling
ReplyDeletethat movie scared the PANTS off me
ReplyDelete