The state of things is why I am eating peanut m&ms. but we'll talk about that lameness some other time.
For now I would like to discuss something I have only just realized. I don't like eating things that are blue. I always eat them first, the way I eat the black jelly beans first because they are my least favorite flavor (why don't I just not eat them? don't ask me, ask my "disordered eating"). If I'm sharing, I leave the blue things in the mix for someone else to eat. I think it comes from those things I ate as a kid that would turn my mouth blue and make me all self-conscious - the blue air heads, blow pops, etc.
Or maybe it comes from that creepy...I was going to make reference to the pie man on Strawberry Shortcake, but it turns out he's the Peculiar Purple Pie Man. So forget that. Maybe it calls back to my days rooting for Gargamel instead of Papa Smurf? Maybe I should forget about my food issues being related to cartoon characters? Just digging deeper, that's all.
What does my distaste (distrust?) of all blue food say about me? That I'm a little bit crazy? maybe. That I have great taste in food? sure. That I can avoid dealing with the real issues in my life? yep.
For now I would like to discuss something I have only just realized. I don't like eating things that are blue. I always eat them first, the way I eat the black jelly beans first because they are my least favorite flavor (why don't I just not eat them? don't ask me, ask my "disordered eating"). If I'm sharing, I leave the blue things in the mix for someone else to eat. I think it comes from those things I ate as a kid that would turn my mouth blue and make me all self-conscious - the blue air heads, blow pops, etc.
Or maybe it comes from that creepy...I was going to make reference to the pie man on Strawberry Shortcake, but it turns out he's the Peculiar Purple Pie Man. So forget that. Maybe it calls back to my days rooting for Gargamel instead of Papa Smurf? Maybe I should forget about my food issues being related to cartoon characters? Just digging deeper, that's all.What does my distaste (distrust?) of all blue food say about me? That I'm a little bit crazy? maybe. That I have great taste in food? sure. That I can avoid dealing with the real issues in my life? yep.

No comments:
Post a Comment